Fish Falls is a pretty waterfall along the MacKenzie River which cascades beautifully over terraced rock. Water flows year-round, but best viewed after rains for heavier flow and during spring for wildflowers.
Fish Falls are located downstream from the spectacular MacKenzie Falls
and can be accessed via walking tracks from either the Zumsteins Picnic Area and Historical Site
or from the MacKenzie Falls
Walk to Fish Falls
Walk from Zumsteins Picnic Area and Historical Site
Walk from MacKenzie Falls
- Starting point: MacKenzie Falls
- Difficulty: Moderate (section of very steep steps)
- From the base of MacKenzie Falls, follow the track downstream along the MacKenzie River until you reach Fish Falls.
- Picnic facilities at the MacKenzie Falls carpark
- Smiths Mill Campground (6.2 km - 10 mins from Zumsteins Park and Historical Site and 1.1 km from MacKenzie Falls carpark)
Are dogs allowed at Fish Falls?
No, dogs are not permitted at Fish Falls.
Please note that dogs are not allowed in the Grampians National Park except within vehicles on sealed roads and in sealed parking areas.